It’s Summer Solstice today. Here in the northern hemisphere, the sun is at the height of its power. The moon is waxing, and will be full in a couple of days. The earth is green with lush grass, bright flowers, leafy trees, and vibrant vegetable gardens. How do you feel? Are you full of energy and ready to take on the world? Or do you feel a bit tired, uninspired, or perhaps even lost?
If you’re feeling a bit low and would like to uplift your energies and really sparkle, here are some tips for empowering yourself.
- Go outside. Spend more time in nature, especially while it’s so warm and welcoming. Take a walk by yourself, or just sit on the grass and relax. Lie back and watch the clouds drift by. Being in nature is energizing and calming.
- Take some “you time.” Right now, think of three things you absolutely love to do. Close your eyes and picture yourself doing them, feeling the joy they bring you. Next, make a plan to do at least one of them. Schedule it on your calendar, and make it happen, soon.
- Express your gratitude. When you’re feeling low or stuck, make a list of three things you’re thankful for in this moment. It can be anything: your favorite hairbrush, fresh strawberries for breakfast, or the person who smiled at you at the grocery store. Make a gratitude list every day. Being thankful helps open your heart, making way for new energies.
- Help someone else. Sometimes when you feel uninspired, it helps to devote your time and energy to serving your community. Do something kind for a friend or neighbor, or volunteer with a local organization. Make a donation to a cause you cherish. Giving will help you feel more involved, and you can see the direct positive impact you’re having.
- Ask for help. If you feel lost, it’s okay to get help. Request the support of a trusted friend. Or find a life coach who can help get you back on track. There are many good ones to be found online. If you’re looking to reconnect with your inner source, we offer Spiritual Life Coaching here at Feline Dreamers.
- Get moving. Even when you’re tired and low-energy, a burst of fun exercise can help you reboot your energies. Put on your special song and dance around the living room. Take a brisk walk or a short run. Play jump rope in your driveway. Go for a swim.
May you enjoy the long days, the magickal twilight, and fireflies. Happy Summer Solstice!